Ornate, opulent, original.
Cargo Cult Collection:
World War II, South Pacific, thousands of Western soldiers suddenly descended on Melanesia, bearing with them incomprehensible riches: magical foodstuffs that never spoiled, mysterious power sources. Just as swiftly the troops departed, leaving only broken, rusted Jeeps, crumpled beer cans, and the memory of Spam. To the amazed eyes of the natives, this was a miraculous occurrence, and they yearned for the return of abundance. To summon back these other worldly Visitors and their material wealth they mimicked the day to day activities and dress styles of the soldiers, such as performing parade ground drills with wooden or salvaged rifles. They built life size airplanes from wood and straw and forged runways through the jungle to encourage their return. Believing Prince Philip to be a divine being, the South Pacific Cargo Cult was formed.
Masina – The Moon:
• Handmade felt base, hand blocked and sewn using traditional millinery techniques.
• Embellished with original Indian military buttons in brass
• Finished with original, antique Afgani Kuchi belt and wool pom pom trim
• Using a combination of dyed turkey feathers and partridge feathers
• Will fit sizes 56cm to 60cm circumference